falling kingdoms,

The 4 Book Series I Want to Finish This Summer!

11:02 AM Deborah Embury 0 Comments

Hello! 
Summer is well and fully upon us, and whenever the heat comes out, what better way is there to avoid it then to curl up inside with a good book? :D There have been a couple unfinished book series lingering around me lately, so I decided to make the most of my summer reading time to finish them off. I start college classes again this fall and I know my reading time will be cut so it's time for me to embrace ALL THE SERIES. Here's what I'm planning on completing:

1) The Magicians by Lev Grossman // books left: #2 and #3

I read the first book in Grossman's trilogy earlier this year after starting to watch the TV show on Netflix. Hooked by the magical school with those serious Harry Potter vibes, I had to check out the book! And it was pretty dang good! I'll be honest, I actually can't stand the main character, Quentin, right now, but the rest of the world and characters are engaging enough that I'm super curious to see how this story pans out. 


2) The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare // books left: #2-#6

This one is certainly the most ambitious on my Summer TBR! I read the first book over three years ago, started the second one, and then just...didn't finish. Oops. I know, it's practically a sin anymore to be a regular YA fantasy reader and not have read this series, but at the time I just had other things I wanted to read more. I've had a couple people really encourage me to finish this so I figured now was the perfect moment! 

3) The Diviners by Libba Bray // books left: #2

Honestly, I have noooooo idea why I haven't read book #2, "Lair of Dreams", already?? I adored the first book! It was the perfect blend of paranormal, romance, New York City, and historical tones. I get such a Sherlock Holmes vibe from these books, too, and I'm a total sucker for all things Sherlock. This is probably the series I'm most anticipating finishing! With the third (and final? Not sure) book hitting shelves in October, I plan to be all caught up on this series so I can dive right into Bray's latest work of genius. 



4) Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes // books left: #3-5

Just like with "The Diviners", the most recent book in this series comes out at the end of 2017 so I'd like to be all caught up in time for the release. This isn't a series that I'm totally obsessed with (at least at the moment) but I am invested enough to want to see what happens. Two things I'm really hoping to see from this series are, first of all, more maturation on the characters behalf. Some of the main characters are so juvenile and it makes reading them a bit annoying. The exception to that is my favorite character, Lucia! That's my second hope: that Lucia gets more and more page time! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments: